SmartTiles News has been low on updates for a few months, but we’ve been busy beavers ? behind the scenes.
Who’s “we”? Well, yours truly, Terry Gauchat has joined the founding team of SmartTiles. I’m responsible for operations, communications, marketing, and user relations. If there’s SmartTiles news, you’ll likely get it from me.
Alex is keeping his nose to the keyboard working on SmartTiles Version 6. This will include a major replacement of the engine that drives the app; significantly improving performance and security. He is also adding a nifty browser based tool for installing and configuring your dashboards. Very engrossing work, so I’m here to cover a lot of the day-to-day stuff: user support, emergency debugging, listening to feature requests, and helping make design decisions.
But no holding your breath out there! — We are not announcing a release date for Version 6 until it is ready with the high quality you expect. There will be a Beta test period with exclusive invites going to our donors first (the average donation is $20): Donations are super appreciated as we are facing new hosting and administrative expenses. There’s no need for a fancy crowdfunding campaign; we’re just passing around an electronic hat for you to show some love. Help take SmartTiles to the next level as the premiere SmartThings extension for convenient smart home control (the #1 Community developed SmartApp)! ?
- We’ve added Square Cash, a free & secure debit/ATM card transfer option — An alternative to the continued availability of our PayPal donation link.
- First time Cash App users can earn both you & us a $5 bonus: Install the Square Cash App (links: Android or Apple iOS); Enter Reward Code TLDTCST at the bottom of Settings screen; Then PAY a donation to $SmartTilesDonations.
- If you don’t want to install the Cash App (no referral bonus) — no problem … just use our direct web Cashtag link instead (please put your email address in the Optional Note) https://cash.me/$SmartTilesDonations
Can we talk?
As the guy in charge of communications, it’s no surprise that you can find me in many places (and growing):
- By email to Terry@SmartTiles.click (be sure to check your Spam folder for possible anti-robot verification).
- Messaging or tagging @tgauchat (CosmicPuppy) on the SmartThings Community Forum
- Following and tweeting to SmartTiles’s Official Twitter: @SmartTiles
- And optionally following my #SmartHome focused personal Twitter: @CosmicPuppySF