Release v5.6.0 was deployed Friday December 11th, 2015.
Minor new features and bug fixes.
Latest general info on SmartTiles is currently posted on SmartThings Community (no login required).
- Internal security handling updated per latest updated SmartThings documentation for Access Token Handling.
- Removed SMS (text message) “send URL” option. SMS is a security risk in case wrong phone number is input, etc.
- Under “More Tiles” configuration, you can now activate a SHM – Smart Home Monitor pop-up Tile (similar to Mode Tile).
- Log Level setting (for diagnostic output to IDE Live Logging: US or UK) added under “Preferences” (defaults to “
- Added “sballoz” Theme (courtesy of @sballoz).
- Tile order can now be edited outside of the SmartTiles “SmartApp configuration pages” by going to URL:
- Custrom CSS can now be edited outside of the SmartTiles “SmartApp configuration pages” by going to URL:
Other Updates & Bug Fixes
- Video Tiles can now be deleted/hidden by putting anything in URL that doesn’t start with “
http” (currently must be lowercase — case insensitive fix being deployed soon). This now permit hiding (essentially deleting) an unused Video Tile just by masking its URL (even temporarily); e.g., “
xhttp://my.videofeed.com/video.cgi“. NB: The native SmartThings App on Android still has a bug preventing users from completely blanking out a preference input field. This URL syntax filter is the recommended workaround we have implemented in the meantime.
- Fixed fatal error that occurs if an Account/Location has invalid or missing Routines list. Error message is written to Live Logging; so if you have enabled “Routines Tile”, but it is not working, please check the Live Log. We believe that Routines / Phrases data problems are also a SmartThings bug which you should report to Support@SmartThings.com.
The multi-dashboard parent SmartApp SmartTiles (Connect) can only be installed via http://SmartTiles.click/install
Single dashboard legacy versions (e.g., v5.4.2) that were installed via SmartTiles.click website, will be updated automatically Sun Dec 13, 2015. They will continue to appear as a standalone SmartApp instance separate from SmartTiles (Connect).